Jealous Devil’s flagship charcoal is a super-size, ultra-premium lump. Crafted from one of the densest hardwoods on the planet and specially carbonized to remove impurities. The result? Hotter, longer, and cleaner burns with incredible flavor. Without sparks, pops, bitter smoke or excessive ash.
- Huge, industry-leading lump size for maximum performance
- 100% natural quebracho blanco “axe-breaker” hardwood
- No sparks, pops, flare-ups, excessive ash, or heavy smoke
- 1100F+ max temp – reduced refueling & maintenance demands
- Award-winning flavor preferred by champion pitmasters, pro chefs, and competitors
- Gorgeous water-resistant, resealable packaging with convenient carry handle
Jealous Devil recommends lighting a few starter cubes/bales (hey, junk mail works too!) under a charcoal chimney, or using an active torch such as a looflighter or MAP torch. Depending on lighting conditions, your charcoal should come to temperature and be ready for cooking within 10-20 minutes. We do not condone the use of lighter fluid. It’s cheating. And also gross.